Monday, December 8, 2008

My brain is dying

I look back into my past. I was this amazingly inquisitive, sharp kid. Now, I am such a douche bag. Did I do exceptionally well at deteriorating myself (my brain) or does it happen to everyone?

I feel this amazing laziness in myself. Interest to do nothing. No more of that fighting spirit to achieve stuff and meet deadlines. What contributed to this? I see these options -
  • Age (Natural)
  • Internet addiction (Easy way to while away time)
  • Easy life (no need to fight it out hard to earn the basic needs)
  • Alcohol (though I drink only socially, I read somewhere that alcohol kills brain cells and that they are not created again)
  • Peer-pressure (learnt from undergrad that the one who doesn't work is the cool dude)


6 comments:

Vee said...

:O since when did u start feeling that u drink socially?

Unknown said...

Did you mean to say, I drink to little to claim that I drink socially. I couldn't find a better word. :(

Vee said...

do u ever drink? and now how can u claim urself to be a social drinker?

Anonymous said...

Dint you know that this phase is a part of the phd program ;P

lavixu said...

Hey nice post. The title drove me towards your blog. I loved the last reason. Very true perhaps. I heard brain must be sharper with age but agree with you completely.

Unknown said...

Hey Lavanya

Good that you liked the blog. My amazing abilities to keep track of comments have failed me again. Hence, the delay.